zondag 25 januari 2009

Embrace

My goal for 2009 is to make a layout for all the word-challenges at OLW. I really love those little words that make me want to create. (And I hate it when I don't make the deadline.) So that's why I came up with this goal!

Making this layout with the word embrace was very special to me as my friend Corina gave birth to a beautiful little girl 2 weeks ago. I love this picture that I took when I drove her 3-year old to the hospital the next day. Corina and I became friends about 8 years ago when our sons started to play together in group 1 and some friendships are just meant to be....

Today I saw my friend and showed her this layout, when she read the journaling we both had tears in our eyes but that was okay...

we are friends for many years now
I know you care about me as much as I care about you
we laughed and cried together
we share good and bad memories
I know life hasn’t been easy on you
especially because you have to miss your son
that hurts, every day
today I saw how you embraced your daughters
your 3-year old and newborn baby
that moment touched my heart
a moment I will remember forever
because I saw the tears of joy and pain in your eyes






TFL! Petra
By the way: Thomas and I both got antibiotics from our doctor so we're getting a little bit better each day. Which is such a relief ;)
By the way: thanks Monique for your sweet message on your blog. I'll answer the questions tomorrow!


3 opmerkingen:

Astrid zei

Wat fijn om te kunnen zeggen dat je zo'n vriendin hebt. En de LO is prachtig, kan mij voorstellen dat ze zo reageerde. Gelukkig gaat het al weer wat beter met jullie.
Ik was deze keer net op het nippertje met de OLW trouwens ;) Ik doe mee met je goede voornemen hoor!
Doei Astrid

Birgit zei

Prachtige LO en erg ontroerende journaling!! Ik zou ook graag vaker met OLW meedoen, vind het zo leuk! Maar helaas komt het meestal niet vaker dan een keer of 3 per jaar :( Goed voornemen van je :)

Anoniem zei

Wat een prachtige layout en een mooie journaling... kan me voorstellen dat er tranen weggepinkt moesten worden. Gelukkig knap je weer een beetje op, ook al is het dan met een kuurtje. De wintermaanden zijn hier ook niet favoriet, er is altijd wel iemand ziek of verkouden!